Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be part of the team responsible for Hearthstone’s online service:
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve our network infrastructure, with the goal of achieving a highly-available service.
- Help track down and resolve issues that occur in the live production environment.
- Design and implement the server-side components of new Hearthstone game features.
- Help support the storage of player data in an Oracle relational database.
- Help make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and support the game.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”.
- Maintain a basic familiarity with Hearthstone’s design.
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills.
- Strong data-structure, logic, and algorithm skills.
- Networking experience in TCP and/or UDP protocols.
- Experience working in a client/server architecture.
- Some experience interacting with a relational Database (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- A desire to help make the Hearthstone service the best that it can be for our players.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
- Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
- Avid Hearthstone player.
- Strong Linux development experience. (server applications, gdb debugging, etc.)
- Strong relational database skills.
- Experience moving from a relational database to a non-relational (noSQL) database such as Cassandra.
- Familiarity with higher level network protocols such as HTTP, SNMP, SMTP, FTP.
- Low level network knowledge and diagnosis including packet capture (tcpdump, wireshark), routing, firewalls, DHCP, DNS, NAT busting
- Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
- Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
- Experience supporting a live service.
- Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.