Members of the Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We spend our days collaborating and iterating on everything that goes into the game: from placing health packs to dreaming up the craziest “Play of the Game” animations. Our goal is to always surprise and delight our players. We believe in maximum transparency and communication at the team level and with the people who play our game. This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our team is looking for a talented Senior Server Engineer.
- Design, implement and maintain server features for Overwatch
- Work side-by-side with QA, design, production and other engineers to solve some of our most complex problems
- Architect features to improve server reliability, performance and uptime
- Support and improve the live service
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution
- Mentor and educate engineers on the team
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience
- Shipped at least one AAA title as a server engineer
- Advanced understanding of C / C++
- Extensive networking experience
- Prior development work on distributed systems and client/server architectures
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Linux / Unix experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- A degree in computer science, or a related field
- Experience with transaction processing systems
- Database experience (Relational or NoSQL)
- Enthusiastic about working in a collaborative DevOps environment
- Previous experience mentoring software engineers
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.