Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an expert engine engineer to work on a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. You will have proven ability to lead a team of engineers to success, a vision for how a scalable, performant and engine should be built. You will also display passion for adopting state of the art rendering technology to implement visually killer games.
You are an excellent engineer, collaborating closely with the technical director and other engineering leads to build a technically excellent engine across multiple platforms. You will enjoy collaborating with art and technical art leads, understand the artistic vision for this game and identify the technology needed to achieve and extend that vision. You will inspire and guide some of the most talented and passionate engineers in the industry as your team builds that technology together.
- You will help develop the vision and drive technical perfection in the engine that powers the game.
- Partner with our technical director to chip in to the technical direction for the engine team.
- Collaborate with the art and design teams to achieve the overall vision of the game.
- Stay engaged with state of the art render techniques, research and upcoming hardware.
- You will ensure this team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- Work with other leads and producers to establish engine related tasks and schedules.
- Evaluate and upgrade the technical skills of engineers
- You serve as an active partner in the game team's leadership.
- Maintain relationships with key internal and industry partners.
- Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership potential
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in AAA game development
- Extensive experience with current rendering algorithms and techniques
- Experience with code and data optimization
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Fluent in C / C++
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry, and linear algebra
- Deep understanding of engine performance, scalability, and maintainability
- Experience creating or extending reusable engine technology
- Familiar with supporting tools, such as exporters, terrain editors, and pipeline tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Passion for video games
- Experience with modern graphics APIs such as DirectX 11/12, OpenGL, Vulkan, or Metal
- Previous experience working on first-person or other action packed games.
- Computer science or related degree
- Passion for technology
- Familiar with Blizzard games
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter is optional but should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
We are a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.