Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, we run one of the largest private Openstack clouds in the world across seven geographical sites. Operating at this scale comes with challenges. A core value of Blizzard is to learn and grow, so as we solve and overcome these challenges, we are compelled to share our solutions. To that end we contribute to many Openstack projects including Magnum, Senlin and Designate.
While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon hybrid cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by hybrid has realised us many successes. As we continue to chart this course, we need an awesome Cloud Systems Engineer to help us deliver on our goals. That’s where you come in.
This role will be focused on driving engineering excellence into the design and deployment of Openstack primitives including object and block storage, rebooting load balancing as a service and iterating and improving compute services across our fleet. This involves working closely with engineering peers across Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks and Security as well as understanding and delivering on customer requirements across multiple public clouds and our private cloud. You will be passionate about cloud technologies and speak with authority on best practices and engineering discipline learned through trial and error, not just books and docs. This role will provide exposure to all elements of our hybrid cloud offering. If this sounds awesome to you, then let’s talk.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Craft cloud-based solutions according to project requirements
- Research new technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to technical decision making
- Design, automate, and execute repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
- Document operational processes and procedures
- Mentor peers and educate internal customers on cloud technologies
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- A mastery of Linux. Know why things work on a Linux system -- not just how to configure them
- 3+ years' experience architecting applications and systems in at least one public cloud platform
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Hands-on experience deploying Linux Containers in production
- Ability to write software in Python or another administrative language
- Able to read and perform basic debugging of C/C++/Java programs. Being able to write programs in these languages is even better!
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and related CNCF projects
- A passion for Open Source and experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience with the offerings of multiple large public clouds. g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- Multi-account, multi-tenant cloud experience in a medium to large organization
- Experience with OpenStack and Linux virtualization. e.g. KVM, Xen, VMWare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 email@example.com으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.