Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an accomplished operations leader to manage and grow our esports travel and hospitality program. This person is responsible for evolving Blizzard’s travel solutions and experiences for the esports team, players, talent, and vendors. This includes owning both short and long-term program goals, as well as delivering financial and operational efficiency gains for the program.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated and service-oriented leader with a proven track record in the event travel and hospitality industry. They have a passion for building and leading teams focused on delivering memorable experiences for our players and talent that support our global business objectives.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California
- Lead and manage our team of travel and hospitality professionals supporting Blizzard Esports activities and events
- Enhance our approach for executing global travel and hospitality solutions including process development, technology integration, and skill development to drive overall program optimization
- Oversee and develop our relationships with travel vendors and providers to support large scale events around the world.
- Develop and manage relationships with third party contractors including players and talent to book travel needs for upcoming events with a friendly service oriented focus.
- Coach, guide, and mentor the travel and hospitality team members towards achieving their business and career goals
- Manage the approach for travel and hospitality budget development across our esports events with a focus on continually improving our overall efficiency and performance
- Collaborate with the internal Blizzard travel and finance teams to coordinate and vet solutions for upcoming travel requirements.
- Build and maintain exceptional relationships with teams across the company to execute duties such as finance, legal, accounts payable, events, IT, and others.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in event travel and hospitality industry
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in building and leading a team
- Strategic thinker who is passionate about leveraging data to improve team and business performance
- Impeccable interpersonal and diplomacy skills, with strong ability to negotiate toward positive results for multiple stakeholders including community influencers, professional gamers, support staff and business partners
- Experience working with international teams and exposure to multi-cultural environments
- Hotel booking and/or management experience including inventory selection and pricing negotiation
- Able to travel for work, including international travel
- Experience in an esports support capacity
- Understanding of the esports and social media ecosystem, and how that relates to player and talent experiences
- Understanding of Visa and immigration laws of the US and/or countries where esports tournaments are frequently held
- Passion for esports and gaming
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.