Internship Term: 2020
MBA SUMMER ASSOCIATE, STRATEGIC INITIATIVES - HEARTHSTONE
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in summer 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Have you fought your way to Legend with a custom Combo Priest deck? Have you partied with Reno and the League of Explorers in Uldum? Does your card-back collection belong in a museum? Are you analytical, innovative, versatile, and eager to put your smarts to work in the business of making Hearthstone great? If so, you may be interested in joining our Strategic Initiatives team for the summer.
We are a small team inspired by the value of Gameplay First to drive excellence in the business of Hearthstone. We believe that delivering great Hearthstone experiences, whether inside or around the game, leads to a strong and enduring franchise. Our members bring intellectual curiosity, analytical rigor, creativity, and love and passion for the game to the responsibilities of business strategy and operations.
Working with our Hearthstone business team means that there are many projects that could be available depending on your past experience and interests. We will have projects ranging from analytics to Hearthstone esports and everything in between. You’ll have opportunities to be exposed to the business of games and meet with people in all the varied functions that make our games Blizzard quality. By the end of the summer you will have learned about the games industry, and about the uniqueness of Blizzard in our industry.
- Currently enrolled in a MBA program
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Pursuing an MBA
- Able to effectively meld business sense with a player-centric mindset
- A passion for gaming and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services
- Experience concisely communicating complex ideas and analyses to executive-level audiences
- Comfort with the practical application of statistical models and processes
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and a strong communicator
- Strategic thinking is a critical component of our job and can come from a variety of sources. From consulting to entrepreneurship we want people who can consider the big picture, zoom in on the details, and push a project across the finish line.
- Creativity is critical in all aspects of the job. From managing complex projects and situations to solving last minute fires, thinking outside the box often means the difference between success and failure.
- Knowing when to go alone versus when to ask for guidance is another key talent that we look for in an intern candidate. You need to be self-directed, but also know when alternate viewpoints are helpful and feedback is necessary while managing your projects.
- Different opinions, backgrounds, and ways of thinking help ensure that when we consider options as a team, we cast our net wide and converge towards the best option. Take the time to make sure we understand what makes you tick.
- Cover Letter
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster a deeply collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than January 31, 2020.
Business Development 채용 공고 보기
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 email@example.com으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.