It takes a blizzard to make a Blizzard game, and that level of effort doesn’t end once the game is released; we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Global Insights works closely with the game development and business teams at Blizzard to produce insights and models that enable us to make the most epic player experiences. The machine learning & AI group within Global Insights is focused on building live products that apply the latest in key research areas to build lasting data products and tools for our game and business teams.
We are looking for a Data Scientist/Senior Data Scientist who specializes in Machine Learning to join our Global Insights team. Blizzard data scientists design and deploy data-powered products and services that scale to the terabytes of data that Blizzard games generate every day. The ideal candidate is passionate about the latest innovations in machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, and deep learning; has expertise in designing highly scalable machine learning algorithms; with strong programming skill to help deploy and maintain them.
- Research and develop state-of-the-art machine learning solutions to enhance business and gameplay objectives.
- Design and develop innovative solutions to problems, with specialization in fields like reinforcement learning, content recommendation, procedural content generation, matchmaking, natural language processing, or others.
- Identify and advocate for novel applications of machine learning to Blizzard’s games, products and services.
- Work closely with data and software engineers to deploy, automate, and maintain models seamlessly on production systems.
- Establish scalable, automated processes for large scale data extraction, model development, model validation, and model implementation.
- Effectively translate findings into sustainable live data products or actionable recommendations for game design and business teams.
- Follow and disseminate engineering best practices among data scientists.
- Communicate about machine learning models and products to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data analysts, and engineers on the team.
- Masters or Ph.D. with a specialization in deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, statistics, applied math, algorithm design, or a related quantitative field.
- Able to invent and prototype novel machine learning algorithms from scratch.
- A minimum of 3 years’ hands-on applied or research experience developing machine learning models on large scale data sets.
- Proficient in one or more of the higher-level programming languages like Python, Java, C++, Scala, R, etc.
- Strong problem-solving, written and spoken communication skills.
- Passion for video games.
- Experience with Blizzard Entertainment games.
- A proven track record of original contributions to machine learning or statistics.
- Expertise with Big Data and Hadoop tech stack (HDFS / Map Reduce / Mahout / Hive / Spark).
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Experience mentoring junior scientists or interns.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Tableau.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- How you think data science can support game development
- What games you like to play
**Submissions that do not contain Cover Letters will not be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Analytics / Research 채용 공고 보기
블리자드 엔터테인먼트는 모든 분들에게 동일한 기회를 부여합니다. 우리는 지원자의 종족, 피부색, 성별, 나이, 종교, 혈통, 출신 국가, 시민권 획득 여부, 결혼 여부, 성적 지향, 성 정체성, 유전 정보, 장애, 임신, 병역 여부, 참전 여부 또는 다른 어떠한 보호 단체의 여부에 상관없이 채용합니다.
편의 시설 요청: 저희는 신체적/정신적 장애를 지닌 분들과 함께 일하고 적절한 지원을 드리기 위해 최선의 노력을 다하고 있습니다. 현재 채용이 진행 중인 공고에 지원하기 위해 편의 시설 요청이 필요한 장애인께서는 email@example.com으로 이메일을 보내주시기 바랍니다. 일반적인 채용 관련 요청은 해당 이메일을 통해 접수하지 않으니 유의하여 주시기 바랍니다. 블리자드 채용 정보에 관심을 가져주셔서 감사합니다.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.