Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented gameplay engineer to help create characters and build animation features in a robust first-person engine for an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has proven experience in animation with exposure to other game systems like AI and multiplayer. They must have outstanding people skills and a longstanding passion for playing games across multiple genres and platforms. They should be excited at the idea of working closely with designers to help create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years.
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience.
- Work with the animators and technical artists to ensure a powerful and easy workflow.
- Collaborate with other members of the engineering team to build optimized, sustainable and maintainable technologies and code.
- Bridge technology, game design, art, and our engine.
- Bring great ideas from inception to fruition.
- Champion Blizzard Entertainment’s core values, especially “Gameplay First.”
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Expert C++ programming skills
- Expertise engineering highly-optimized networked animation and game systems
- Comfortable defining how animations are organized and played back in-game
- Experience with blend tree systems
- Experience with low-level animation constructs: compression, blending, and posing
- Able to reconcile animation control and fidelity with the constraints and requirements of gameplay
- A minimum of five years’ game programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic, algorithms, and optimization skills
- Strong mathematics skills, including proficiency with trigonometry and linear algebra
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Able to speak “Designer” and “Artist” fluently
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about many areas of development and willing to pitch in when needed
- Proficiency in multi-threaded systems
- Experience in the design and implementation of various game systems, including game object management, AI/pathing, gameplay scripting, FX, database management, user interface or online networking
- Experience shipping multiple game titles
- Computer science or related degree
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
채용담당자 및 채용 에이전시 유의사항: 저희는 저희의 요청 없이 일방적으로 발송되는 에이전시 이력서를 수락하지 않습니다. 저희가 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서를 저희 웹사이트 또는 저희 직원들에게 발송하시지 말 것을 당부 드립니다. 저희는 상호 합의하에 체결된 계약 없이는 어떠한 제3의 에이전시, 외부 채용담당자 또는 채용업체에게도 비용을 지급하지 않을 것이며, 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서와 관련된 어떠한 에이전시 수수료도 부담할 의무가 없습니다. 요청하지 않은 에이전시 이력서가 저희에게 발송될 경우 이는 저희의 자산으로 간주되며 저희 내부 절차에 따라 처리됩니다.