Based in Irvine, California and Cork, Ireland, Blizzard Entertainment's Global Network Operations Center (GNOC) provides proactive monitoring and incident management across all Blizzard games and services, 24/7, globally.
Our goal is to maintain high service availability for players in all regions, through rapid detection, isolation, and mitigation of any player-impacting issue. We do this through a combination of monitoring systems across our network, infrastructure, platform, and application layers, which are correlated in our event management system and then investigated by a team of system and network professionals. A rigorous process ensures effective prioritization of incidents, and a team-based approach to recovering impacted services.
The Shift Manager serves as both incident manager and shift lead, and is responsible for the monitoring, incident management, change management, problem management, and knowledge management functions that are required to keep Blizzard players in the game.
- Monitor and maintain availability across all Blizzard services
- Lead, inspire and develop one of six teams of 4-6 members
- Serve as Incident Manager, driving rapid recovery and resolution
- Lead projects across the global team to expand monitoring coverage and depth, increase mitigation capability, increase change awareness, and increase overall team effectiveness
- Collaborate with the global Operations Center team to identify opportunities and drive the adoption of new technologies and processes to fulfil the GNOC mission
- Work closely with IT / Operations leadership, Live Operations teams, and other stakeholders to promote department vision
- A minimum of 3 years’ management / team leadership experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in IT
- Able to operate in a demanding, dynamic, but disciplined environment
- Able to manage shift performance to maintain operational standards and hit performance targets
- Able to lead change and process improvement
- Able to effectively discuss, describe and translate highly complex topics with/to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Operational experience in a mature, large-scale IT organization
- Experience with network and infrastructure monitoring systems
- Project Management experience
- Incident Management experience
- ITIL or other IT framework experience / certifications
- Degree in computer science or a related IT discipline
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment è un'azienda che attua una politica di pari opportunità. Tutti i candidati qualificati verranno considerati per l'impiego senza distinzione di razza, colore, religione, sesso, orientamento sessuale, identità di genere, espressione di genere, provenienza o qualunque altro status speciale previsto dalla legge, e non saranno discriminati in base a una qualsivoglia disabilità.
Richieste di alloggio: siamo impegnati nel fornire ragionevole assistenza agli individui con disabilità fisiche e mentali. Se ricadi in queste categorie e necessiti di un alloggio per candidarti a una posizione aperta, invia la tua richiesta via e-mail a firstname.lastname@example.org. Richieste di impiego generiche non possono essere accettate né elaborate in questa sede. Grazie per l'interesse dimostrato.
Nota per i reclutatori e le agenzie di collocamento: non accettiamo curricula non richiesti inviati da tali agenzie. Vi preghiamo di non inviare curricula di agenzia sul nostro sito o ai nostri impiegati. Non pagheremo tariffe a nessuna agenzia terza, reclutatore o azienda salvo in caso di contratti mutualmente sottoscritti, e non sarà responsabile per qualsiasi tariffa di agenzia associata a curricula non richiesti. I curricula non richiesti saranno comunque considerati proprietà di Blizzard Entertainment e saranno trattati di conseguenza.