We are looking for an experience and talented game designer for the World of Warcraft (WoW) team. You are a multi-talented and expert game designer with the ability to adapt to various forms of content or systems design. You are capable of taking responsibility for realizing our design philosophies in the form of epic, engaging content.
You will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of WoW, and a long-standing passion for games.
- Works as part of the Design Group, and takes responsibility for large features, systems, and content.
- Provides mentoring and feedback to the sub-discipline leads reporting to them.
- Collaborates with the other department leads to ensure positive communication and problem solving between disciplines.
- Works with production to assist, and provide feedback on, high level plans and schedules.
- Partners with the Design Manager to provide feedback and assist in career development for relevant parts of the team.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in game design, including senior or lead design experience on a shipped product
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Extensive content and systems design experience. Ideally someone who has creatively owned complete implementations from concept to delivery.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment
- Absolute passion for playing and making computer games
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience managing, and / or mentoring others
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Nota per i reclutatori e le agenzie di collocamento: non accettiamo curricula non richiesti inviati da tali agenzie. Vi preghiamo di non inviare curricula di agenzia sul nostro sito o ai nostri impiegati. Non pagheremo tariffe a nessuna agenzia terza, reclutatore o azienda salvo in caso di contratti mutualmente sottoscritti, e non sarà responsabile per qualsiasi tariffa di agenzia associata a curricula non richiesti. I curricula non richiesti saranno comunque considerati proprietà di Blizzard Entertainment e saranno trattati di conseguenza.