Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Lead Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products: Game Stats & Competition team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Game Stats & Competition team provides a suite of services designed to help developers create compelling online experiences around game data, player stats, and competition at all levels of play. From player profiles to item inventories to Esports tournament stats on both official Blizzard products and community-developed websites, developers use Game Stats & Competition to create a wide variety of highly engaging, heavily trafficked customer-facing features that extend and enrich every Blizzard fan’s experience with our games.
In the role of Lead Product Manager for this portfolio, you will work with customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will help with defining and championing the vision to continuously improve our online solutions. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product leader with prior experience managing successful technical products with the right balance of organizational & people management skills. You possess the ability to build consensus among diverse teams of people and guide them into highly collaborative partnerships. And you obsess over helping developers succeed in their quest to keep players excited, energized, and entertained by the Blizzard games they love, even when they’re not actively playing.
- Manage the overall lifecycle of Game Stats & Competition products providing the bond between our players, our games, and our services.
- Manage a portfolio of mission-critical APIs and drive their continual improvement.
- Create business goals, drive alignment of product strategy, and manage product delivery in a highly dynamic environment determined to “Commit to Quality.”
- Develop and champion vision and values for the portfolio in line with Blizzard and Battle.net & Online Products long-range plans and objectives
- Collaborate with Design, Engineering, and User Research to conduct user, market, and competitive research to understand the problems and opportunities addressable by the portfolio and its products
- Communicate product needs through the collection and creation of functional specifications, business requirements, user stories, scenarios, user studies, and data analysis.
- Lead collaboration and generate consensus across a cross-functional team to develop products and features on time and with measurable value.
- Measure the success of products and features against the business objectives they serve through the thoughtful identification and monitoring of key performance metrics
- Influence beyond Battle.net & Online Products by driving alignment of priorities and timelines with teams across Blizzard.
- Contribute to sustaining a healthy team culture, built around Blizzard values.
- Mentor individual contributors, encouraging learning and growth while contributing to team goals.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience with product, program and project management.
- Expert systems analysis skills and ability to learn and understand systems by studying them.
- Solid understanding of service-oriented architectures and design. Emphasis on driving toward a high-quality end-user experience.
- Experience managing teams of product managers and leading multiple simultaneous projects through the full software development life cycle.
- Experience managing commercially-scaled APIs as products
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Comfortable giving presentations to large groups and senior management.
- Strong people management skills, with the ability to jump in at the individual contributor level when needed.
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative; enthusiastic “can-do” attitude is a must.
- Passion for iteration in order to find the optimal solution, but at the same time understands diminishing returns.
- Skilled in risk assessment and management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Software development background
- Experience working with PII data
- Technical familiarity with common API frameworks
- Expertise in JIRA, Confluence or comparable team collaboration applications
- Certification or training in business analysis and / or product management
- Scrum Alliance certifications (CSM, CSPO, CSP) or PMI certifications (PMP, ACP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to bringing the world together through epic entertainment. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment offre les mêmes chances à tous ses employés, indépendamment de leur couleur, religion, sexe, identité sexuelle, orientation sexuelle, nationalité, handicap ou tout autre critère discriminatoire pénalement répréhensible.
Demande relative à l’accessibilité : nous avons à cœur d’accueillir des personnes en situation de handicap physique et mental au sein de notre entreprise, tout en veillant à leur fournir une aide suffisante. Si tel est votre cas et que vous souhaitez effectuer une demande relative à l’accessibilité en vue de postuler pour une offre d’emploi, veuillez envoyer un message à l’adresse email@example.com. Veuillez noter que nous ne serons pas en mesure d’accepter ou de traiter les questions d’ordre général au sujet de l’emploi envoyées à cette adresse. Merci de l’intérêt que vous portez à notre entreprise.
Remarque destinée aux cabinets et agences de recrutement : nous n’acceptons pas de CV non sollicités, il est inutile de nous les faire suivre. Nous ne paierons pas non plus d’agence tierce, de recruteurs ni de firmes sans avoir au préalable signé un contrat, et déclinons toute responsabilité quant aux sommes éventuellement réclamées pour la réception de CV non sollicités. Ces derniers seront considérés comme notre propriété et seront traités en conséquence.