Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us continue to deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net and Online Products Aurora team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
The Battle.net group handles a large number of projects that are not tied to individual games but are shared among all of Blizzard’s games past and future. This position will help define and execute the vision for various online services, engage with engineering teams, and collaborate with game team partners. You will interact with senior technical leaders and engineers for all games at Blizzard, as well as senior managers within Battle.net. If this is you, we’d like to hear from you!
Our ideal candidate is a seasoned product manager with prior experience managing successful complex software projects, possesses a highly organized skill set, and ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people. Additionally, you have the right balance of technical and soft skills and a passion for building great services end-to-end.
We are seeking a passionate and skilled individual to inspire gamers through the creation of the world’s best online game platform enabling them to engage in Blizzard’s legendary worlds.
Daily Quests (Responsibilities)
- Deliver key platform features to new and existing systems, owning the product lifecycle from inception to release, while working closely with partners across all of Blizzard.
- Act as product owner for components of the platform. Define the roadmap for products and features in your portfolio. Regularly look for ways to optimize, level up, or deprecate based on business value to the organization.
- Conceptualize new features based on competitive landscape, innovation, and collaboration with other group members (work colleagues).
- Ensure the group’s tank ability, crowd control, and DPS are optimal (balance competing requirements and dependencies with the team).
- Inspire change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request partner decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Author critical program management specifications, roadmaps, and related deliverables.
- Own and drive internal and external relationships with key partners.
- Become a deep, functional expert in building a world-class gaming service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Experience working in a highly technical environment and specifically with software engineers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Comfortable presenting to groups both small and large.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a love for collaboration.
- Solid understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and product management best practices.
- Self-motivated with strong initiative.
- Delights in the ability to drive clarity from ambiguity.
- Familiarity with Atlassian products a plus.
- A real passion for Blizzard games.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for growth. Our people are everything. Our values are real, and our mission has never changed. Blizzard dedicated itself to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us.
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.