Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…engineers! We are the Overwatch team, passionate gamers at heart, and we’re looking for a new hero to help us make Overwatch 2 - the globe-spanning sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s acclaimed team-based game.
In Overwatch 2, the nations of Earth are under assault. As the omnic forces of Null Sector launch a barrage of surprise attacks around the world, the planet’s governments and militaries prove quickly outmatched—and the remnants of the fearless strike force once known as Overwatch rally to make a valiant stand. Now the world’s heroes must each decide whether to answer the call to reemerge, reunite, and serve as a beacon of hope in a new era of crisis.
We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced Senior Animation Engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for games and working with animators to bring characters to life.
- Build optimized, sustainable and maintainable technologies to help solve game driven animation problems
- Implement tools and pipelines integrating with game systems for the rapid creation and iteration of animation content
- Work closely with designers, artists, and other engineers to ensure a great player experience
- Work with the animators and technical artists to support their needs and ensure a powerful and easy workflow
- Advise and mentor programmers within your areas of expertise
- Extreme passion for playing and making video games
- Advanced C++ programming skills
- 5+ years’ experience in game programming, including experience working on at least one AAA shipped title
- Comfortable defining how animations are organized and played back in-game
- Experience with engineering highly optimized networked animation and game systems
- Experience with blend tree systems
- Experience with low-level animation constructs: compression, blending, and posing
- Strong experience with various data structures and algorithms
- Strong mathematics skills including proficiency using trigonometry and linear algebra
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Self-motivated and self-directing
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Multi-threading and optimization
- Client-server game development
- Game physics
- Wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
- Version control systems: Git, Perforce, or Subversion
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a firstname.lastname@example.org. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.