Blizzard Entertainment’s Overwatch team seeks an animator ready to step up and breathe life into a menagerie of heroes for our new gaming universe. Join the team creating Blizzard’s first first-person shooter (FPS) game and one of the most highly anticipated game launches in our history.
Norman McLaren famously said, “animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn.” Our character animators readily agree. Done right, movement communicates a character’s purpose, thoughts, and emotions. Consider the graceful yet deadly dance of a demon hunter, pirouetting through the hordes of hell, or the belly-busting laughter from a drunken dwarf as he topples from his stool. Despite wildly different personalities, each character and their story are brought to life through the imagination and skills of a talented animator.
An animator like you…Your skills as an artist, technician, and gamer will drive you forward into the thick of development. Exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques will drive the creative engine that will bring a bevy of new heroes, villains, and creatures to life. Your technical skills and ability to problem solve will come in handy as you work closely with gameplay engineers to develop the technology that powers your creations. As a gamer you’ll have a very close relationship with the game designers where you’ll create a perfect marriage of design and animation, resulting in a truly phenomenal game play experience.
In short, you’ll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience.
If you’re ready to tackle the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!
- Develop, maintain and create animations for real time game assets.
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay prototypes.
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar.
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong understanding of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Proven problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a character animator
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Outstanding 2D animation skills
- Cinematic or television animation experience
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.