Tracer, Winston, Pharah, Hanzo… these are just a few of the memorable heroes that inhabit our world. Our talented artists put their heart and soul into bringing these rare and visually stunning characters to life, and their ranks are growing. We want to meet a Senior Animator ready to step up and break new ground in the Overwatch universe.
Norman McLaren famously said, “Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn.” Our Character Animators readily agree. Done right, movement communicates a character’s purpose, thoughts, and emotions. Consider the graceful yet deadly dance of a Demon Hunter, pirouetting through the hordes of hell, or the belly-busting laughter from a drunken dwarf as they topples from their stool. Despite wildly different personalities, each character and their story are brought to life through the creativity and skills of a talented animator.
An animator like you…Your skills as an artist, technician, and gamer will drive you forward into the thick of development. Exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques will drive the creative engine that will bring a bevy of new heroes, villains, and creatures to life. Your technical skills and ability to problem solve will come in handy as you work closely with gameplay engineers to develop the technology that powers your creations. As a gamer you’ll have a very close relationship with the game designers where you’ll craft a perfect marriage of design and animation, resulting in a truly excellent game play experience.
In short, you’ll be on a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose sole goal is to make a truly immersive game experience.
If you’re ready to seek the challenge of bringing our next heroes to life, let's hear from you!Responsibilities
- Develop, maintain and craft animations for real time game assets
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay prototypes
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar
- Serve as an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews
- A minimum of 5 years' of experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Extraordinary skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
- Tried problem-solving / prototyping ability
- Able to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers
- Understanding of the visual style of Blizzard games and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for video games
- Ability to guide and mentor junior staff
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as an in-game senior character animator
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Excellent 2D animation skills
- Cinematic or television animation experience
- Skill in one of more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Cover Letter (optional)
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required (PDF Format Preferred)
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.