Travel Back in Time to a World of Warcraft before the Mists of Pandaria parted, and before Deathwing broke the world. When Blackrock Mountain, the Temple of Ahn’Qiraj, and the floating citadel of Naxxramas were the most difficult challenges in Azeroth.
The World of Warcraft team is working on bringing that world back to our players with Classic WoW, and we need engineers to help us bring the past into the present.
Responsibilities include building gameplay systems, transforming database data, building UI elements, repackaging binary distributions, and working closely with designers to revive the classic game elements.
The ideal candidate has a passion for World of Warcraft, is unafraid of stepping into unfamiliar systems, has a strong understanding of C++, and previous experience with Oracle, Lua, or both.
- Fluent in C / C++
- Fluent with World of Warcraft game content and systems
- A minimum 5 years of programming experience
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in many areas of game development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title, preferably an MMORPG
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Fluent in high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Experience with developing UI modifications for World of Warcraft
- Networking experience in TCP and UDP protocols
- Experience with different platforms, such as Windows, Mac, Linux
- Degree in computer science or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Why you’re interested in Classic WoW
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.