Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and experienced publishing editor for the Story and Franchise team in Irvine, California. Story and Franchise focuses on developing Blizzard Entertainment’s universes through a variety of media, including animation, cinematics, illustrations, novels, comics, and more, working with internal as well as external talent.
The lead editor, publishing, will work closely with the director of creative development to create epic published products and grow Blizzard’s exciting publishing program in a bold new direction.
The lead editor will also interface heavily with Blizzard’s licensing and game teams and will be the day-to-day point of contact with our publishing partners’ editorial staffs. The ideal candidate will have exceptional creativity and the ability to oversee the development of multiple projects at once, providing program management as well as strong editorial feedback on manuscripts in various forms of published media.
- Develop, contribute to, and manage comics, novels, young reader, art books and specialty books.
- Partner with the director of creative development on creative and strategic ideation and planning.
- Partner with development, game teams, and licensing teams on new and existing published products.
- Manage the Blizzard publishing program’s editorial and strategic direction in partnership with licensing and Story and Franchise leadership.
- Manage a team of editors.
- Develop and route approvals for published Blizzard Entertainment products.
- Function as publisher on all internally produced Blizzard published products.
- Serve as the point of creative contact to external partner editorial staffs.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a senior editor working on high-profile published properties
- Excellent organizational skills and a detail-oriented approach to problem solving
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple teams, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to creatively collaborate and facilitate creative environments for partnered talent
- A strong desire to explore new directions in the ever-changing publishing landscape
- Strong connections and relationships with colleagues in the publishing industry, including authors, artists, agents and designers.
- Extensive knowledge of story development from concept to final product
- Knowledge of publishing in a variety of media
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment and within an iterative development process
- Strong storytelling skills and the ability to provide constructive criticism
- Strong understanding of trans-media theory and the desire to apply it
- Working knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties
- A passion for story, art, and the future of the publishing industry
- A passion for games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Extensive understanding of one or more of Blizzard Entertainment’s intellectual properties
- Extensive knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment’s published products, including the novels, comics, manga, and online publications
- Resume (PDF Preferred)
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard and position
- What games you are currently playing
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment es una compañía de Igualdad de Oportunidades de Empleo. Todos los postulantes calificados serán considerados sin importar raza, color, religión, sexo, orientación sexual, identidad de género, expresión del género, origen nacional, estado de veterano protegido o cualquier otro tipo protegido por la ley, y tampoco serán discriminados en base a discapacidades.
Pedidos de adaptaciones de acceso: Estamos comprometidos a trabajar y brindar asistencia a las personas con discapacidades físicas o mentales. Si requiere un ajuste o adaptación para postularse a un puesto vacante, envíe un correo electrónico con su solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán ni procesarán preguntas de empleo generales por este medio. Gracias por su interés.
Nota para los reclutadores y las agencias de colocación: no aceptamos currículums de agencias que no hayan sido solicitados. Por lo tanto, no deben enviar currículums de agencias a nuestro sitio web ni a ninguno de nuestros empleados sin una solicitud previa de nuestra parte. No pagaremos honorarios a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador externo o firma sin un contrato de acuerdo mutuo y no nos haremos responsables por cargos de agencias asociados a currículums que no hayan sido solicitados. Todos los currículums recibidos sin un pedido previo se considerarán de nuestra propiedad y se procesarán como tales.