Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide. Operations teams support, evangelize, and improve our games. As part of Blizzard operations, human resources (HR) supports our employees and business units on a global scale.
The Compensation Team serves as trusted advisors to both HR and business leaders by carefully understanding the needs or problems areas and then providing guidance that marries the knowledge of market practices with the unique needs of our organization to create and maintain compelling and competitive compensation programs that attract, engage, reward and retain our epic talent.
We're looking for a Compensation Manager to join our team in Irvine, to help lead the design, implementation, administration, and evolution of our compensation programs across the globe. If you’re someone who likes to learn new things, enjoys problem-solving, finding creative solutions and can lead through changes this could be a great opportunity for you.
- Administer broad based pay programs at Blizzard, including base salary, bonus plans, spot awards, and any new or variant plans created in the future
- Partner with HRBPs for select departments and/or organizations to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs, and issues while balancing business acumen, reward expertise, and relationship skills
- Drive compensation projects, including annual planning cycles, across multiple functions and client groups from design through execution, including modeling, project planning, communication and education
- Serve as an expert in the development, design, and implementation of compensation programs and policies to that both support Blizzard’s business strategy and align to its compensation philosophy
- Partner with the Recruiting team to develop competitive offers rooted in market data and aligned with our compensation philosophy, for new hires and existing employees and adjust such programs when necessary
- Partner with our HR Technology team on compensation related implementations and improvements and administer compensation related workflows, providing compensation review and approvals
- Convert data outcomes into insights and executive ready presentations to senior leaders
- Collaborate on entity-wide compensation initiatives and programs with the compensation teams at Activision-Blizzard, King
- Provides and improves communications regarding compensation programs and designs for all levels of audience both internal (HR) and external (Company Wide) to level up their understanding and help convey the value being provided
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing internal compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending revisions that maintain competitiveness and fiscal responsibility
- Help grow and mentor other members of the compensation & wider HR team on all thing’s compensation
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years progressive compensation experience with increasing levels of responsibility in identifying, consulting, designing, recommending, and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions to clients' challenges
- Self-directed, independent and proactive mindset with strong relationship management skills
- Has worked regularly and comfortably with high-level individual contributors and leaders across multiple functions with a track record of influencing at the senior leadership level.
- Strong analytical capabilities, familiarity with broader underlying concepts, and ability to communicate persuasively with business partners to resolve highly complex problems and recommend or produce best solutions for the business
- Capable of influencing and developing strong cross-functional working relationships with groups such as HR Technology, Talent Acquisition & Finance
- Clear communication skills, including a knack for breaking down complex technical concepts and knowledge sharing
- Strong team orientation with collaborative style, which engages stakeholders and leads to good business decisions.
- Ability to manage change effectively always mindful of technology and business processes implications
- Experiences with advanced compensation planning technology development and implementation
- Advanced excel skill is a must
- Postgraduate education in HR, MBA, or CCP a plus
- Familiarity with international pay practices and experience in leading global projects in compensation
- Previous experience at a Technology, Media or Video Game company
- Deep understanding of compensation surveys, such as Radford or Croner
- Previous experience in the design or administration of equity programs at a publicly traded corporation
- Experience with key HR systems: MarketPay & Workday
- Resilience and high adaptability in a startup or fast-paced environment
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment es una empresa que promueve la igualdad de oportunidades en el trabajo. Nuestra política empresarial consiste en contratar a trabajadores cualificados sin importar su raza, color de piel, etnia, género, orientación sexual, estado civil, identidad de género, estatus socioeconómico, edad, cultura, creencias religiosas o políticas, discapacidades físicas, información genética, o diferentes puntos de vista o enfoques.
Solicitud de espacio adaptado: tenemos el compromiso de trabajar con personas con discapacidades físicas y mentales y proporcionarles ayuda dentro de los límites de lo razonable. Si eres una persona con una discapacidad que requiere un espacio adaptado y quieres optar a una vacante, envía un correo electrónico con tu solicitud a firstname.lastname@example.org. No se aceptarán preguntas laborales de carácter general. Gracias por tu interés.
Nota para las agencias de empleo: No aceptamos solicitudes no requeridas de agencias. Por favor, no envíen solicitudes no requeridas a nuestra página web o a alguno de nuestros empleados. No pagaremos a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador o similar sin un contrato firmado aceptado por las dos partes. No nos hacemos responsables de gasto alguno originado por solicitudes no requeridas. Las solicitudes no requeridas que se reciban serán consideradas como nuestra propiedad y serán procesadas en consecuencia.