We are looking for a talented server engineer, who is excited to architect and implement server technology at a global scale in service of amazing experiences for our players. If you have a passion for game development and want to participate in the future of Blizzard, we would love to hear from you! Our team values creativity, collaboration and a commitment to quality and we are searching for like minded developers to add to our team of talented game makers.
You will help develop new systems and services for our game, coordinating across disciplines with designers and client engineers. In addition to having the usual technical chops, we want to hear from qualified engineers who have an absolute passion for gaming, programming, and finding simple solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate should be excited by the idea of working closely with designers to create compelling and epic features that will keep players engaged for years. We love engineering, geeking out over new technology and helping move the industry forward. Most importantly, we learn, grow, and ultimately enjoy success as a team, overcoming new challenges together.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Design and implement server-side components in support of gameplay features
- Coordinate with client engineers on gameplay simulation and network efficiency
- Design and deliver code that is robust, extensible, flexible and simple to use
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First”
- Strong, proven programming skills (C#, C++, Python, .NET Core, Mono)
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant professional experience in software development
- Expertise in relevant technologies such as SQL, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Networking experience in TCP, UDP, and higher level protocols
- Ability to communicate effectively with designers and client engineers
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in all areas of engineering
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Previous experience shipping and supporting a Live product at global scale
- Familiar with security considerations (encryption, denial of service)
- Familiar with cloud technologies (virtualization, containers)
- Developed software in a cloud hosted environment (AWS, GCP)
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Linux development experience
- Avid mobile gamer
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment es una empresa que promueve la igualdad de oportunidades en el trabajo. Nuestra política empresarial consiste en contratar a trabajadores cualificados sin importar su raza, color de piel, etnia, género, orientación sexual, estado civil, identidad de género, estatus socioeconómico, edad, cultura, creencias religiosas o políticas, discapacidades físicas, información genética, o diferentes puntos de vista o enfoques.
Solicitud de espacio adaptado: tenemos el compromiso de trabajar con personas con discapacidades físicas y mentales y proporcionarles ayuda dentro de los límites de lo razonable. Si eres una persona con una discapacidad que requiere un espacio adaptado y quieres optar a una vacante, envía un correo electrónico con tu solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán preguntas laborales de carácter general. Gracias por tu interés.
Nota para las agencias de empleo: No aceptamos solicitudes no requeridas de agencias. Por favor, no envíen solicitudes no requeridas a nuestra página web o a alguno de nuestros empleados. No pagaremos a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador o similar sin un contrato firmado aceptado por las dos partes. No nos hacemos responsables de gasto alguno originado por solicitudes no requeridas. Las solicitudes no requeridas que se reciban serán consideradas como nuestra propiedad y serán procesadas en consecuencia.