Blizzard Cloud is dedicated to powering the world's most epic entertainment experiences. To achieve this, we understand that epic entertainment demands epic infrastructure. Our mission is to provide a world class hybrid cloud with global reach. We focus on technologies that make Blizzard efficient, consistent, agile and portable across private and public cloud. We empower rapid iteration and rapid delivery - everywhere our game developers and player community need it.
In pursuit of our mission, we run one of the largest private Openstack clouds in the world across seven geographical sites. Operating at this scale comes with challenges. A core value of Blizzard is to learn and grow, so as we solve and overcome these challenges, we are compelled to share our solutions. To that end we contribute to many Openstack projects including Magnum, Senlin and Designate.
While we continue to scale and grow an awesome private cloud, our strategy for the future is hinged upon hybrid cloud. We value public cloud for functionality, reach and scale when it makes sense. The agility offered by hybrid has realised us many successes. As we continue to chart this course, we need an awesome Cloud Systems Engineer to help us deliver on our goals. That’s where you come in.
This role will be focused on driving engineering excellence into the design and deployment of Openstack primitives including object and block storage, rebooting load balancing as a service and iterating and improving compute services across our fleet. This involves working closely with engineering peers across Cloud, Infrastructure, Networks and Security as well as understanding and delivering on customer requirements across multiple public clouds and our private cloud. You will be passionate about cloud technologies and speak with authority on best practices and engineering discipline learned through trial and error, not just books and docs. This role will provide exposure to all elements of our hybrid cloud offering. If this sounds awesome to you, then let’s talk.
Typical day-to-day responsibilities include the following:
- Craft cloud-based solutions according to project requirements
- Research new technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to technical decision making
- Design, automate, and execute repeatable processes for facilitating new cloud users and workloads
- Document operational processes and procedures
- Mentor peers and educate internal customers on cloud technologies
- Participate in production support and on-call duties
- A mastery of Linux. Know why things work on a Linux system -- not just how to configure them
- 3+ years' experience architecting applications and systems in at least one public cloud platform
- Experience with large-scale deployments involving private, hybrid, and/or public cloud platforms
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Hands-on experience deploying Linux Containers in production
- Ability to write software in Python or another administrative language
- Able to read and perform basic debugging of C/C++/Java programs. Being able to write programs in these languages is even better!
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and related CNCF projects
- A passion for Open Source and experience contributing to Open Source projects
- Experience with the offerings of multiple large public clouds. g. AWS, GCP, Azure
- Multi-account, multi-tenant cloud experience in a medium to large organization
- Experience with OpenStack and Linux virtualization. e.g. KVM, Xen, VMWare
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment es una empresa que promueve la igualdad de oportunidades en el trabajo. Nuestra política empresarial consiste en contratar a trabajadores cualificados sin importar su raza, color de piel, etnia, género, orientación sexual, estado civil, identidad de género, estatus socioeconómico, edad, cultura, creencias religiosas o políticas, discapacidades físicas, información genética, o diferentes puntos de vista o enfoques.
Solicitud de espacio adaptado: tenemos el compromiso de trabajar con personas con discapacidades físicas y mentales y proporcionarles ayuda dentro de los límites de lo razonable. Si eres una persona con una discapacidad que requiere un espacio adaptado y quieres optar a una vacante, envía un correo electrónico con tu solicitud a email@example.com. No se aceptarán preguntas laborales de carácter general. Gracias por tu interés.
Nota para las agencias de empleo: No aceptamos solicitudes no requeridas de agencias. Por favor, no envíen solicitudes no requeridas a nuestra página web o a alguno de nuestros empleados. No pagaremos a ninguna agencia de terceros, reclutador o similar sin un contrato firmado aceptado por las dos partes. No nos hacemos responsables de gasto alguno originado por solicitudes no requeridas. Las solicitudes no requeridas que se reciban serán consideradas como nuestra propiedad y serán procesadas en consecuencia.