Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a lead engineer to oversee development of Blizzard's gaming efforts. The ideal candidate is passionate about providing high-level direction, supporting a team of engineers, and getting their hands dirty with day-to-day development. Each member of our small team of veteran developers will have the chance to have a big impact on the overall design, artistic vision, and technology of a new mobile game.
- Manage a diverse team of engineers.
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, designers, and producers to identify short-term and long-term needs.
- Individually contribute to and lead the development of sustainable and maintainable technologies and systems.
- At least 5 years of professional programming experience
- At least 2 years of experience directly managing one or more engineers
- At least one shipped AAA title
- Effective communication skills with developers of all technical skill levels
- Excited by improving iteration times and reducing friction
- A passion for Blizzard games.
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or other development engines
- Experience developing and maintaining Android & iOS build pipelines
- Fluency in C++ or C#
- Experience developing 3ds Studio Max or Maya plugins
- Experience with IMGUI or other rapid GUI development frameworks
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or Subversion
- Familiarity with Python or other interpreted languages
- User interface design experience.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.