The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Senior Rigging Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we share a real passion for all things Diablo. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
You have an excellent understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion. You also have a thorough understanding of various techniques and technologies relating to character rigging, and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging. You take on quests that will have you assisting with animation and dynamics such as in-game physics for cloth, deformations, and ragdoll, as well as working with other teams to ensure that character models satisfy technical, design, and animation needs. Integration of characters and rigs into the game engine, and seeing things through to completion, even if it takes many iterations, makes you happy and content.
Our ideal candidate possesses extensive experience working with 3D animation tools, the creation of character-based rigs, as well as a deep understanding of good game play communication. You also work well in an environment of peers who are passionate about Diablo, have a deep knowledge of animation, enjoy making great games, killing demons and getting loot!
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, creating and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy
- Able to own the skinning process for a wide variety of characters, garments and gear
- Deep expertise with in-game character physics such as cloth and ragdoll
- Self-motivated, good communicator and a great team-player
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
- MEL/Python scripting experience
- Strong passion for developing games
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
- Experience writing tools and/or scripts in python
- Skills in illustration, modeling or texturing
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working at Blizzard and what games you are currently playing
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required. Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete a test if requested to do so
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.