Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a program development manager to provide leadership and direction to Blizzard's esports program team.
This person will lead the design and development of all Blizzard's esports programs, including the conception and production of live, and online tournaments featuring Blizzard Entertainment games at all level of competition, from grassroots to pro esports. This person will also directly manage our relationship with our esports partners. Finally, the person will be ultimately responsible for network maintenance, and growth of our local esports networks of esports organizers, shoutcasters, and volunteers.
This person is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of designing creative competitive systems, proactively identifying key strategies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization. This person must have strong personnel management, motivational skills, and must be able to work within budget while still producing epic experiences for the players of our games.
This person will work closely with different teams such as global community operations, community content, public relations, events, marketing, web, and production.
- Lead the development of Korea esports programs and tournament systems and oversee their execution.
- Lead the development of any assigned global programs and tournament systems.
- Build consensus and visibility in the design process for key stakeholders across the organization.
- Meet, and exceed agreed upon key performance indicators for each program.
- Oversee the maintenance of Blizzard's esports networks and lead the design of the appropriate reward systems for each.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fluent in both Korean and English
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in esports, organized play, event management, marketing, sports organizations management, or equivalent
- Extensive experience of competitive environment
- Bachelor's degree
- Strategic thinker with strong leadership, management, and communication skills
- Prior event, event management, business integrations, tournament organization, and/or budgeting experience, on/offline both.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills, while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Strong communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members across the organization
- Able to organize thoughts, and make decisions under time constraints and a full work load
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and business people
- Passion player of videogames, particularly Blizzard games
- Able to travel, including international travel
- Experience in BTL Marketing
- Relevant Experience from Marketing agency
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.