Creating memorable, epic, encounters for our players is an exciting, but challenging, quest. We are looking for new heroes to join our own raid group!
Blizzard Entertainment is looking to grow the ranks of our Encounter Design team on World of Warcraft.
This position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of Raid and Dungeon based content. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in game design, a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of World of Warcraft, and a longstanding passion for playing games.
- A minimum of 3-6 years' game design experience
- Strong track record of content and systems design experience. Ideally with a focus on combat interactions and / or boss encounters.
- Strong collaboration skills, and the ability to interact well with other disciplines like art and engineering.
- Able to work creatively in a demanding team environment.
- In depth experience playing through dungeon and raid encounters.
- Experience creatively owning complete content implementations from concept to delivery.
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working on World of Warcraft.
- What games you are currently playing.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.