Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a high performing Project Manager to join our localization team. As a project manager, you will be responsible for ensuring on-time, high-quality deliveries of localized entertainment content to our global customers.
You will work with the Global Localization organization, which will include collaborating with other regional teams around the globe, with our Global Service Team (GST) based in Europe, and with our localization production team and development teams in the United States. You will liaise frequently with external vendors and regional publishing teams ensuring that the needs of your regional markets are met.
We are looking for an experienced project manager with a strong grasp of project management principles, passion for Blizzard products, and experience in the entertainment industry. An ability to work and communicate effectively in a multicultural environment under tight deadlines is required. Flexibility and drive for continuous improvement are essential for success in this role.
- Proactively and effectively work with the Global Localization organization and regional cross-functional stakeholders to ensure all regional projects are delivered on time and within budget. Collaborate on execution of global projects in the region
- Manage local schedules, operations, and logistics for localization work performed in your region
- Measure and optimize performance of projects using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Collaborate with appropriate teams to establish and manage vendor relationships and drive vendors to improve performance and quality while maintaining reasonable costs
- Partner with the Global Localization organization to provide detailed project plans and reports, and to create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all stakeholders
- Handle urgent localization requests from regions to ensure required timelines are met
- Collect and analyse data to identify, prioritize and address risks and opportunities, and to improve team efficiency and effectiveness of operations and team performance
- Other duties as assigned by management
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience with a proven record of successful project management in the digital industry
- Excellent understanding of localization, quality assurance and software development production cycles
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Able to influence cross-functional teams to develop collaboration and commitment
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and a detail-oriented problem-solving approach
- Passion for localization
- Project management certification (PMP, Scrum, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with localization tools and services, including data analytics tools
- Experience of working in a console/mobile gaming industry as a project manager
- Excellent knowledge of Blizzard products and services
Other jobs in Localization
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.