How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer (Server) to help architect and build the server & network stack of the engine that will be used by future Blizzard games. Multiplayer is a critical component of every single game we develop, so we are looking for someone who shares our passion in creating a scalable server infrastructure that both enables rapid iteration and allows developers to focus on the gameplay aspects of their product. You’ll work with our team and others around the company to craft and ultimately execute on that vision.
- Collaborate with game teams and fellow team members to develop a cross-platform game engine, asset pipeline, and tools
- Maintain systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Directly support customers with their software/integration needs
- Identify and resolve workflow issues - discover opportunities for improvement
- 3+ years’ experience working on a technical or game engine development team in the games industry
- Understanding of game engine technologies, standards, pipelines, and processes used in game development, from the conceptual phase through implementation
- Experience building technology, tools, and pipelines across all aspects of game development
- Able to communicate precisely with programmers, designers, producers, and artists alike
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Committed to code quality, documentation, and testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment and handling multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to communicate with non-technical users
- Strong debugging skills
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.