Blizzard is seeking a high performing, driven Lead Program Manager to join the IT Events Organization. You will be a critical member of a dedicated team focused on engineering, building and delivering the technology that powers Blizzard Events, Esports and Leagues across multiple locations.
As a Lead Program Manager in this role, you will serve as the manager of the IT Events PMs and maintain a large portfolio, spanning a wide range of projects across the business. You will work with stakeholders, and implement solutions geared towards optimizing and refining IT processes and solutions for the team. At times, you will also manage multiple complex projects and partner with other leads on the team to organize, prioritize and execute work. Excellent organization, people management skills, communication skills, collaboration skills and a strong ability to adapt to shifting priorities are critical. If this sounds like you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Assume ownership of the IT Events portfolio, have a vision for its future and help build and deliver on that vision.
- Work closely with other managers in IT Events to build processes allowing us to be more agile and efficient.
- Have a mastery of tools and processes available to successfully run a project/event.
- Identify order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios and other tasks.
- Commit to accurately delivering against stakeholder needs.
- Enable the PMs to better support their program areas with the goal of delivering high quality service to stakeholders.
- Present to executives, finance and other groups with ease.
- Regularly communicate schedules, updates, status, major decisions, risks and road blockers.
- Build structure around project documentation, task tracking, and regular reviews.
- Manage and mentor individuals on your team, managing performance and career goals.
- Perform performance reviews, mid-year calibrations, time sheet management, compensation planning, and act as an advocate for implementing company directives.
- Build a high functioning and healthy team.
- Hire and develop top talent in the organization.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the IT Events organization.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing employees
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience managing projects
- Some understanding of IT infrastructure, terminology and technologies
- Experience managing projects supporting a 24 / 7, 365 available service or events
- Expert knowledge of project management methodologies, Agile and Scrum preferred
- Strong leadership
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Able to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Scrum Master certification
- MS Project certification
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Program Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.