We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you a skilled Environment Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.Stuff We Will Trust You With
You will be expected to concept, model and texture compelling assets, using PBR pipelines, for the world of Diablo. We also expect you to possess a general deep understanding of form, color, and light for both 2D and 3D art assets. Obviously you should also be an active participant in team art discussions, critiques and reviews. You're a listener and a voracious learner. You thrive in a dynamic environment where every voice matters, and you passionately believe that being proven wrong is just another opportunity to grow and learn. You will work with your teammates, the Lead Environment Artist and the Art Director to ensure all assets are consistently meeting the high quality bar Blizzard is known for.
Would you excel in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, and would you love making phenomenal games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Of course you would!Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so these are probably some of your previous achievements:
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in game development, building environments using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop.
- Amazing asset sculpting and modeling skills.
- Deep knowledge collaborating with a lead artist or art director in developing a distinct and consistent modeling and texturing style for environment assets.
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping abilities.
- Excellent eye for light, shade, color, and detail in crafting texture maps.
- Really good at working creatively as part of a large or small group.
- Ability to mentor junior environment artists and provide meaningful feedback.
- Dynamic, excellent communicator, big-picture minded and a model team-player.
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self, because life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe.
- A positive outlook on things.
- Strong skills in traditional arts including, but not limited to, environmental illustration.
- Experience crafting advanced textures in a PBR rendering pipeline using tools such as Substance Designer.
- Portfolio demonstrating meaningful skills. Only online work submissions, please. (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
- You should be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.