In 2020, the official global esports league of Call of Duty will expand to a new franchised-team format, featuring the best players from around the world. Twelve teams will be competing in the 2020 season with teams in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Florida, London, two teams in Los Angeles, Minnesota, New York, Paris, Seattle and Toronto, bringing more competitive events to fans in cities around the globe in a home and away gameplay format. Additional information related to the evolution of Call of Duty esports is forthcoming and we’re looking to add to our team to help achieve success for launch.
The Manager, Strategy and Team Business Operations will drive a wide range of strategic initiatives supporting the teams and their ongoing operations. You will be responsible for the development of best practices in the areas of business, marketing, sponsorship, operations and more across the league’s teams, with an eye toward tackling the complex and the ambiguous.
You will relish the opportunity to launch and scale an ambitious global enterprise. You will tackle a wide range of challenges and provide guidance to creative, executive and operational personnel. You’re able to bring strategic insight and advanced expertise in a wide variety of topics including development processes, statistics, business modeling, knowledge management, finance and operations management.
- Define and develop strategy across a wide range of business areas including all aspects of team business operations, branding and marketing, sponsorship and commercialization, merchandise and live events
- Collaborate with league and team leadership to model and define best practices across all areas of business and operations to ensure the highest functioning teams in esports
- Establish credibility, foster collaboration and develop strong, respectful relationships with appropriate partner and internal stakeholders
- Cultivate deep relationships with team’s senior executives and serve as a liaison with the league office
- Assist and construct official league documents and communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive research and apply structured analysis to achieve insights on large-scale and transformative business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders
- Evaluate business initiative proposals and communicate recommendations to team leadership and executives
- Provide guidance and leadership to the league’s business intelligence and operations teams on key initiatives of strategic importance to team success
- Collaborate closely with business intelligence, finance and marketing to monitor health of the league businesses
- Own communication streams to internal and external stakeholders
- 5+ years of experience in an advanced business strategy function, preferably in entertainment, sports or video games
- 3+ years of experience in leadership and management of cross-functional teams
- Significant knowledge of business operations or business development for sports or event-based entertainment, or esports products and intellectual properties
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and draw actionable business strategy
- Established history of leading partner outreach and deliver compelling, insightful presentations to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit large scale communications and presentations
- Proven successes working with executive clients and deftly guiding complex decisions
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- MBA or other advanced business degree
- Experience in consulting or private equity
- Experience in business affairs
- Experience in a start-up or launch environment
- International experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter
Other jobs in Esports
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.