Blizzard Entertainment’s competitive gaming scenes continue to evolve and grow, and we’re in the process of leveling up our esports communications and narratives as part of that. To support this effort, we’re in need of a talented and well-rounded associate graphic designer to help amplify our announcements, articles, and other external communications with visual assets that tell their own compelling stories, pique interest, and help build excitement and awareness around our esports
competitions and events.
As an associate graphic designer on our esports communications team, you’ll be responsible for creating assets that support storytelling around the competitive scenes for our games, including Hearthstone, Overwatch, Heroes of the Storm, World of Warcraft, and StarCraft II. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a range of mediums, including but not limited to web graphics, photography, and video. And since we’re talking about Blizzardesports, the associate graphic designer will be most effective when they are familiar not only with our games and their respective esports scenes, but also with our audience of gamers and esports fans.
If you’re a graphic designer who’s flexible, capable of working on a variety of different projects while managing multiple overlapping deadlines, and wants to join a company that’s all fun and games even when the pressure’s on, then we can’t wait to meet you.
- Create visual assets for esports websites and other external communications.
- Manipulate image composition, and perform basic paint-overs when necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of digital media requirements for web and social platforms.
- Provide key assets to regional teams and facilitate localization process.
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience as an artist
- Understanding of the art styles of Blizzard’s IPs
- High levels of creativity, and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and designs
- Exceptional eye for composition, contrast, and color
- Understanding of web technology trends and familiar with browser-compatibility nuances
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with frequent priority shifts
- Good communications service skills and a professional attitude
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Willing and able to work late shifts, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Knowledge and passion for Blizzard games and their respective esports scenes
- Prior experience with high-quality media requirements for web use
- Previous games industry experience
- Active usage and awareness of current Web 2.0 trends
- Experience with digital photography
- Traditional art skills
- Portfolio of creative work
- Cover letter, which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you currently play
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.