We are looking for a highly motivated and talented Business Analyst to join the Overwatch team in Irvine, California. This unique position involves working across a wide variety of stakeholders to ensure the commercial success of the Overwatch franchise. Projects cover a broad scope of meter-moving initiatives that require both creative and strategic thinking.
The ideal candidate is analytical, innovative, versatile, a fantastic communicator, and loves solving hard problems. A passion for games and Blizzard’s “Gameplay First” philosophy is a must.
- Develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic and operational problems.
- Work closely with regional teams to ensure Overwatch publishing is successful worldwide.
- Drive research and apply structured analyses to achieve insights on big game-changing business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders.
- Work with game development team leadership on business strategy.
- Manage day-to-day business tasks for the game franchise.
- Act as business operations liaison between the development team and international groups; ensure the development team receives information on regional business strategy and initiatives in a timely manner, has input as needed, and provides the necessary support; communicate key game and service functionality to the regions.
- Act as liaison between the development team and publishing teams; coordinate with publishing teams to manage the planning and execution of tactical business operations; communicate key game and service functionality to the publishing teams.
- Evaluate business initiative proposals and communicate recommendations to game team leadership and executives.
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience in a corporate strategy, finance, marketing, business operations, product management, or related role
- Degree in business or related field
- Strong competence in analyzing data and drawing actionable business insights
- Proven experience taking business initiatives from conception to launch
- Outstanding communications, project management, and relationship-building skills; ability to communicate effectively with software developers and executives alike
- Proven ability to work well in a team environment and manage multiple complex projects with diverse groups
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience working in the video game, consumer software, or entertainment industries
- Combination of game development and game publishing experience
- Experience working with international teams
- MBA from a leading business school
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter (at the end of which should include brief answers to the following):
- What’s your favorite video game ever?
- What’s your favorite Blizzard game ever?
- What’s your favorite book ever?
- What’s your favorite movie ever?
- What games have you played recently?
- What hobbies are you passionate about?
- What is the most interesting article or book you’ve read in the last two weeks?
- Cats or Dogs?
Other jobs in Administration
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.