Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a results oriented business operations leader to wholeheartedly embrace the end-to-end business of esports as we embark on exciting new projects and bring esports to fans around the world.
The candidate should have a strong track record of strategic planning and program leadership with outstanding management, business, and communication skills. The ideal candidate is highly analytical, thinks big and loves developing new business opportunities.
You dream about esports—and you're ready to join us and build the future!
- Develop frameworks for tackling complex strategic and operational challenges
- Lead strategic programs critical to the esports team’s business, including pilot programs to prove out concepts prior to wide-scale rollout
- Work with esports team leadership on development of business strategy
- Work with stakeholders across the esports team and studio to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives
- Guide program development for select business initiatives, including vision, long-term roadmap, revenue modeling, and resourcing strategies
- Drive research and apply structured analysis to achieve insights on strategic business initiatives; present information that is relevant and understandable to stakeholders
- Evaluate business initiative proposals (internal and external) and communicate recommendations to leadership
- Work with business intelligence and other teams to monitor health of the business
- Seek ways to create efficiencies, measure value, and leverage Blizzard’s esports portfolio to enhance each product
- Understand the esports value chain and help develop new revenue streams in strategic areas
- Maintain a strong understanding of the esports landscape, including major players, pending deals, and major risks and opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ in a business strategy role
- A minimum of 5 years’ of program management experience
- Strategic thinker and confident leader that is highly collaborative and adaptable
- Experience analyzing data to draw actionable business insight
- Experience developing and executing growth strategies based on financial modeling
- Strong understanding of esports ecosystem, including Blizzard titles
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- MBA or relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ of professional experience in a leadership capacity
- A minimum of 3 years’ of partner or vendor management experience
- Experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Broadcast production
- Broadcast content distribution
- Web & mobile technology
- Strategic partnerships
- Sports business
- Experience managing large budgets with complex dependencies
Require Application Materials
- Cover Letter, please include a brief answer to the following:
- What are the biggest opportunities in the business of esports?
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.