Have you always dreamed of building new worlds? Maybe you love World of Warcraft, but you think it could be even better? Do you have ideas for changing things that you think might be a little too radical? Are you ready to make your mark on the world?
The World of Warcraft team is always growing, and always striving to improve. We need heroes to help us imagine the future, both in terms of our technical vision, and the gameplay that it supports. We're dedicated to building new and interesting ways to play, collaborate, and interact and we're looking for engineers to join our team and help build those new features.
We're an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity in the workplace, and a healthy work-life balance. We recognize that the best ideas and most creative work come from a safe and well-rested workforce, and we strive to protect that.
This mission is no small feat, and will require changes to our tools and infrastructure, as well as new gameplay systems on both the client, and the server. We need someone who can advocate for change and integrate that into an existing infrastructure. If you think you can help us craft a new future for Warcraft, please apply.
- Work closely with designers to build gameplay systems in C++
- Layout and manipulate game data using SQL
- Propose and implement workflow changes to improve iteration.
- 3 or more years of programming experience
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to participate in all engineering areas
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience with at least one shipped title
- Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience with high-level scripting languages such as Lua, or Python
- Degree in computer science or related field
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Your experience with World of Warcraft
- Your experience as a software developer
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.