Blizzard is looking for a highly motivated artist to supervise our outsourcing pipeline from an artistic point of view, as well as create assets for an upcoming mobile game. Our ideal candidate will coordinate with leadership to help identify our outsourcing needs and work with our vendors to achieve the best results. This job is about managing our external and internal communications and getting our outsourced assets into a "game ready" state.
We’d love to meet you if you are a versatile artist who’s comfortable adapting to our art style and communicating that style to our vendors. We value strong team players who give both positive and constructive feedback and are open to receiving feedback in return. We anticipate this position to change over time, but initially, we need someone to be hands-on in establishing our pipeline, reviewing assets, and completing final tweaks.
Sounds fun? If you are up to the challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Work closely with the art director to determine outsourcing needs, pipelines, budgets, and costs for art assets.
- Own the quality control of all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor with the aim of delivering quality assets to the development team.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, and make any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Ensure internal documentation is be up to date so our vendors can achieve the best results.
- Manage communication and provide schedules to production.
- Identify vendors and establish good working relationships with them that align to our team’s goals.
- Some travel will be necessary to meet and build relationships with external vendors.
- Experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Maya, 3ds Max, Zbrush, Substance, and Photoshop.
- Must be a proficient 2D artist, and able to communicate well visually.
- Clear and concise communications, strong leadership and people skills are a must.
- Must be highly organized, self-driven and customer focused.
- Understand the visual style of Blizzard games and have a passion to push art vision to the next level.
- You have created art for games as a senior or lead level.
- You have generated detailed documentation, video reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Your portfolio demonstrates the creation of game assets.
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio, and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.