The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We are seeking a smart, driven and talented individual who is a thought leader in the service integration and data integration disciplines with diverse technology, people leadership and communication skills.
The technical lead/manager role will lead the engineering team dedicated for the API Gateway and Game Data development. This is a critical role for continuous innovation and growth of the platform service integrations and game data integrations across Blizzard.
The successful candidate will own and drive the technology roadmap and architecture, internal/external customer collaborations with high degree of customer empathy, and the operational excellence of the end-to-end systems.
- Provide people and technology leadership to achieve high performance service and data integrations with scalability, adoptability and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders and program managers to successfully implement integration strategy, technology roadmap and continuous improvements and innovation.
- Enable uniform platform service integration strategy by coordinating with internal and external technology owners. Drive consensus driven strategy development and foster collaboration and transparency among the stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Lead the gateway and game data engineering team. Maintain team productivity and participate in agile planning and project intake to evaluate effort, rationalize the customer needs, commit to a delivery schedule, and follow through with the commitment.
- Responsible for production stability operational health of the gateway and game data systems. Establish operational excellence and enhance automation of the monitoring, alerting and escalation of the service degradation and/or outage.
- Hands-on design and develop the scalable service and data integration platforms. Perform code reviews, troubleshoot system/service errors, and establish repeatable CICD pipeline and practices.
- Technical and leadership skills at the lead software manager level. 3 plus years of previous experience leading an engineering team.
- Strong effective communications and presentation skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- 10 plus years of engineering experience in distributed systems, API integrations, database management, networking, API security and data encryption in a production environment.
- Expert level of hands-on experience in Java, JEE, C++, RESTful API, WebSocket/RPC, Pub/Sub messaging, OAuth, Cassandra and Kafka.
- 5 plus years of experience implementing EAI, SOA, API security, IaaS/PaaS, distributed caching, throttling or routing. Experience and passion for building highly parallelized and scalable distributed systems.
- Expert in public/private cloud technologies and its management such as AWS, OpenStack, SwiftStack, Docker, Terraform, Consul or Kubernetes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.