Blizzard Entertainment’s global information systems team is looking for an experienced and talented network engineer to help in supporting Blizzard’s global network. The ideal candidate is adept to providing world class operational support to enterprise network and telecom environments. He / She will perform day to day operational duties and be an escalation point for other support teams when needed. This individual will also serve as a key resource on projects, working directly with project managers to implement network related technology solutions for Blizzard.
This role requires interaction with other Blizzard support and development teams, therefore strong communication and interpersonal skills are required as well as a desire for delivering great customer service.
- Ensure all global Production & Corp network environments and related systems and services are available 24 x 7.
- Hands-on Operation for Corp Network & Production Datacenter Network.
- Hands on Network Project on Corp Network.
- First responder to incident and request tickets from Blizzard users and teams.
- Planning, implementation, supporting and maintaining switches, firewalls, routers, proxies, wan accelerators, call managers, voice mail systems, contact centers, data center and networking infrastructure to prevent productivity and data loss.
- Perform daily system monitoring and environmental health checks.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting WAN, LAN, and internet connectivity.
- Troubleshoot and remediate issues impacting the operation of the network and telecom infrastructure.
- Assist in design, documentation, configuration, integration, and installation of complex network and telecom infrastructure.
- Able to implement complex projects and time-sensitive tasks under minimal supervision.
- Evaluate and recommend emerging technologies, systems engineering and architecture standards and strategies to increase reliability and manageability and provide training.
- Event on-site network support.
- Provide 24 X 7 on call support as part of an on call rotation.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with network engineering.
- Intermediate knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers and WAN technologies.
- Understanding of WAN / LAN / DMZ, etc., IPSEC VPN, TCP / IP, DNS, VLANs, etc
- Understanding of LAN / WAN technologies - MPLS, DMVPN, SSL VPN
- Intermediate knowledge of cisco telecommunications systems, protocols, software, and technologies including but not limited to cisco call managers, voice gateways, unity connection
- Understanding of partitioning, calling search spaces, call routing and route patterns
- Understanding of telecom technologies - T1 / E1,SIP, PSTN
- Experience in design, configuration and troubleshooting of OSPF, BGP, MPLS , BGP
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall clusters, Palo Alto Network firewalls
- Experience with Cisco Nexus Switches N9K N7K N5K, N2K and Catalyst 3850/9300
- Experience with Cisco Wireless & 802.1X ISE.
- Experience with various WAN Router Cisco ASR & ISR.
- Understanding of routing protocols – BGP, EIGRP, OSPF
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-driven, capable of working with little instruction to resolve demanding tasks, as well as work with internal teams
- A degree in computer science or a related field
- Cisco Certifications (CCNA / CCNP/CCIE)
- Experience with monitoring tools
- Experience with Load Balancing technologies
- Experience with Cisco Telecom Presence
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager
- Experience on ITIL Process via JIRA & SNOW.
- A passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.