Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an entrepreneurial, product-focused team member to support Hearthstone. Our team manages live operations across the full user funnel, from user acquisition and onboarding, engagement communication and rewards, to monetization. In addition, we also closely track and analyze game performance to inform future strategy and priorities
An ideal candidate has great intellectual curiosity, superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities, excellent teamwork and communication skills, passion for Hearthstone, and deep understanding and appreciation of our players. Primary duties will include leading upcoming engagement and monetization plans, collaborating with analytics team to conduct rigorous test design and post-mortem insights, and supporting development team to define future design and business strategy.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Analyze and develop plans to manage player engagement and monetization through in-game and out-of-game interventions
- Conduct rigorous testing, post-mortem analysis, and player/competitor research to continuously optimize business planning and execution
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop business strategy and product roadmap
- Run quantitative analysis to help track game performance and help define future priorities
- Work with game team and commercial leadership to manage and iterate upon the game’s business strategy to build a cohesive product roadmap
- Passion for and in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games and video games in general
- 6+ years of business management experiences; 3+ years of experiences in online/mobile product management, top tier management consulting, investment banking, or early stage startups
- Excellent problem solving skills, written and oral communications, and analytical capabilities. Proven records of driving initiatives to generate positive business impact
- MBA or equivalent professional experience
- Previous industry experience in gaming, consumer software, or entertainment industries
- Previous functional experience in product management, management consulting, corporate strategy, or general management
- Knowledge of the video game industry, especially free-to-play PC/mobile games and Hearthstone
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter
- Information about your interests:
- What’s your favorite video game?
- What’s your favorite Blizzard game?
- What’s your favorite Hearthstone mode and why?
- What’s your favorite business book?
- What are your other non-game hobbies?
Other jobs in Product Management
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.