If a game patches and no one notices, did it really happen?
The Battle.net Client Distribution Team is at the hub of delivering Blizzard Entertainment’s game content into the hands of millions of players worldwide. Responsible for downloading, patching, installing, encryption, streaming, cross-platform development, we strive to perform all of these critical pieces in the shadows with goal of getting our players into their game seamlessly fast.
As a Technical Lead, with advanced C++ knowledge and broad experience in client development, your challenge is to push the envelope on best-in-industry methods to deliver game content across the globe, whether via the internet, on-disk or streaming during game play. Our players demand the fastest, safest and most reliable acquisition of their games and our job is to deliver.
The Battle.net Distribution team develops cross-platform, cross-product technology integrated into all Blizzard titles. The team is uniquely positioned to work closely with every Blizzard game development team to create easy to integrate source code level SDKs, reliable desktop services and high availability data pipelines that combine to deliver hundreds of petabytes of game data to our players every month.
The ideal candidate is a strong experienced leader of both people and technology. This role requires an excellent engineer who can effectively collaborate with program managers and other engineering leaders across the company. The ability to lead a team, mentor engineers, and set and drive technical vision are all critical components for the Technical Lead. If your enjoyment comes from hard technical challenges and the satisfaction of overcoming them, then the Battle.net Client Distribution Team might just be the right fit for you.
- Mastery of C++ with a minimum of 8 years’ professional experience
- Cross-platform development experience (some mix of Linux, Windows, OSX, Android, IOS, XBox1 or PS4)
- Experience working in large and varied code bases
- Excellent debugging skills (including in other people’s code)
- Experience coding for performance and reliability at scale
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading development teams
- Experience with Python, C#, Java
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX, Android, IOS, XBox1, PS4)
- Experience creating SDK/developing APIs for easy, high value, low impact consumption
- Experience with HTTP and/or REST based network APIs
- Experience developing and debugging asynchronous and multi-threaded code
- Experience creating data and/or build pipelines
- Experience using Git
- Agile development exposure
- Passion for video games
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.