Members of the Blizzard Entertainment's Overwatch team are passionate gamers at heart - driven to make the most fun and compelling experiences for our players. We are seeking a talented, motivated, and experienced engineer who shares our values:
- We take responsibility for delivering our work
- We collaborate constantly, helping each other to be successful
- We continuously improve our knowledge, workflows and processes
- We communicate openly, calling out issues, opportunities, and sharing feedback
- We have integrity, maintain confidentiality, and share a sense of ownership in our success
- We have real passion for the game, our players, quality work, and technology
This philosophy, along with the Blizzard values of “Gameplay First” and “Play Nice, Play Fair,” has made Overwatch one of Blizzard's most successful games, and it has forged a bond of trust with our worldwide player community that is extremely important to us.
As a server automation engineer on the Overwatch team, you will be part of a talented and passionate team developing a world-class multiplayer game, unlocking the potential of our developers to create compelling and exciting gameplay. The ideal candidate will have a passion for spelunking into features, writing robust, efficient code and tests, and an understanding of the challenges involved with simulating, automating and stress testing a networked client/server game.
- Implement features for the automation infrastructure to work across all Overwatch technologies (client, server, test clients) including working with members of the team to help design automation strategies.
- Design, plan, and execute automation tests as a key part of the feature release pipeline to ensure stability and performance.
- Conduct analysis of automated test results, including partnering with feature developers to understand unexpected results.
- Work side-by-side with QA, feature developers, design and production to identify and mitigate risk.
- Conduct research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform assigned tasks and maintain a process of technological evolution.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Experience with C / C++
- Strong passion for automation and software testing
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for video games, especially FPS games
- Self-motivated, strong sense of independence
- A degree in computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Multi-platform knowledge (Windows, Linux, Console)
- Knowledge of additional languages like C#, or Python
- Experience with Jenkins
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.