The Global Publishing Team could use more heroes!
We’re looking for a seasoned gaming marketer to join the Blizzard Entertainment team as the Global Brand Director for Overwatch! In this role, you will bring your marketing and global business abilities to bear in leading the Global Publishing brand strategy for one of the world’s hottest new game franchises.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned marketer who has a strong grasp of marketing strategy and who hands-on experience in launching and managing global marketing campaigns for high profile franchises. This individual must have extensive experience working internationally- either by holding a previous marketing role in a non-US country or a role with global scope.
In the Brand Director role, you will be responsible for supporting a wide range of global brand development activities, including building annual global marketing objectives, acting as the primary interface between regional teams and the Overwatch development team, helping to guide regional marketing strategies, and coordinating brand activities with other functional roles on the Global Publishing team. You will bring your experience to bear to help improve and streamline existing Publishing processes. But most importantly, you will be a coach and mentor to the regional teams to help level up and foster knowledge sharing across regions.
This role will report to the Vice President of Global Publishing for Overwatch from our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
Are you with us? Then read on!Responsibilities
- Steward the Overwatch brand globally by protecting, growing and enhancing the brand, and by building authentic and long-lasting relationships with the Overwatch player base.
- Work with publishing leaders across regions to develop and coordinate global marketing strategies.
- Lead global teams in brand marketing best practices. Share emergent marketing practices, facilitate knowledge dissemination and coach regional marketing groups.
- Coordinate with Global Community, Public Relations and Marketing Communications leads to ensure that we are taking a multi-disciplined approach to brand expansion.
- Work with regional teams to identify global business growth drivers and aid in approval and execution of consumer and marketing programs to drive the business.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Publishing and the Marketing Communications Director to identify regional creative needs and to help inspire creative development of core marketing assets across TV, digital, mobile, and other formats as applicable. Ensure all regional marketing assets live up to the Blizzard-quality bar set by the games themselves and our dedicated and passionate player community.
- Analyze performance data and metrics to help identify opportunities and challenges and implement plans to drive results
- A minimum of 10 years of brand management experience with a history of increasing responsibility and expanding leadership positions managing a high-profile entertainment or lifestyle brand
- Work experience based in an international region or experience in directly managing international marketing teams
- Ability to work closely with game development leadership to build effective marketing initiatives and to evaluate regional proposals
- Ability to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- A passion for video gaming
- Ability to travel internationally
- A passion for Overwatch
- Direct experience working with Asian markets
- Master’s in Business Administration
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.