We’re looking for a seasoned gaming marketer to join the Blizzard Entertainment team as the global brand director for Overwatch! In this role you will work together with regional marketing teams around the globe to guide the global brand strategy and continue to take Overwatch to epic new heights. You will be responsible for supporting a wide range of brand development activities, including overseeing setting annual global marketing objectives, helping to guide regional marketing strategies, and acting as a liaison between the regional marketing teams and HQ. Armed with a breadth of experience in brand management and a strong global marketing background , you will work with regional marketing leads to identify growth opportunities and propose effective marketing programs to target them. You will define key success and reporting metrics for regional marketing activities. And you will be a coach and mentor to the regional teams to help level up and foster knowledge sharing across regions. You will report to the Vice President of Global Publishing for Overwatch from our headquarters in Irvine, CA.
Please read on if you are ready for to join the team!
- Steward the Overwatch brand globally by protecting, growing and enhancing the brand, and by building authentic and long-lasting relationships with the Overwatch player base.
- Work with publishing leaders across regions to develop and coordinate global marketing strategies.
- Coordinate with global Community, Public Relations and Marketing Communications leads to ensure that we are taking a multi-disciplined approach to brand expansion.
- Work with regional teams to identify global business growth drivers and aid in approval and execution of consumer and marketing programs to drive the business.
- Work in partnership with the VP, Global Publishing and the Marketing Communications Director to identify regional creative needs and to help inspire creative development of core marketing assets across TV, digital, mobile, and other formats as applicable. Ensure all regional marketing assets live up to the Blizzard-quality bar set by the games themselves and our dedicated and passionate player community.
- Analyze performance data and metrics to help identify opportunities and challenges and implement plans to drive results
- College degree with a concentration in marketing or advertising
- A minimum of 10 years of prior experience in managing a high-profile consumer-facing brand
- Direct experience in managing international marketing teams
- Familiar with defining consumer segments and crafting targeted marketing campaigns toward those segments
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Able to effectively manage and complete multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Strong presentation and leadership skills with the ability to sell-in and champion initiatives in a highly matrixed environment
- A passion for video gaming and the Overwatch franchise
- Master’s in Business Administration
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.