Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a motivated and experienced Rigging Artist - Temp to join its In-Game Cinematics department. You are a highly motivated artist who has built complex character game rigs and can maintain a high level of visual and technical quality for all assets. You have a strong understanding of anatomy, muscles and the ability to paint weights in a way that correctly maintains volume. Someone successful in this role would be aware of the needs of a production pipeline and those of the animators they will be supporting. We take pride in hiring the best, and joining Blizzard cinematics means joining a family of craftsmen who build and support one another, all dedicated to crafting the most epic entertainment experiences… ever.Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain high quality rigs to the specifications and standards of IGC (In-Game Cinematics)
- Collaborate with modelers to meet technical mesh needs
- Work closely with animators to determine and resolve rig needs, priorities, and requirements
- Work with Leads and Production staff to prioritize and oerganize tasks
- 3+ years professional experience in a previous rigging/technical artist position
- In-depth knowledge of Maya
- Knowledge of deformations and topology for both Body and Face
- Knowledge of character pipeline and workflow techniques
- Proficiency in technical problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Demo reel online (preferred) showing rigging and technical proficiency
- Experience building high quality rigs for game productions
- Ability to modify topology as needed
- Experience with Python
- Ability to work in different visual styles across our IP's
- Experience working with a large animation department
- Understanding of the game development process
- Ability to generate tools to facilitate the rigging process
- Passion for Blizzard Games and Cinematics.
- Demo Reel/Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, online album, googledrive etc.). Physical media will not be accepted
- Resume and descriptive breakdown of reel/work
- Cover letter (optional)
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.