Our eCommerce team handles millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises. Have you ever wondered how digital products are created and managed? What happens when you make a purchase in Hearthstone? Are you curious about what happens during a game launch where millions of customers unlock access to games, features, upgrades, and more? We're the team that provides the platform that powers all those features and more.
eCommerce Catalog team is part of the Battle.net & Online Products organization and is responsible for Blizzard Entertainment’s digital catalogs and the tooling that power them. e-Commerce catalogs are root of millions of transactions spanning the globe for the StarCraft, Diablo, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch franchises.
- Play a key role in architecture and development of new eCommerce features around managing catalogs such as product catalogs along with web tools that power the configuration.
- Take the initiative in implementing best practices in a full-stack environment with a focus on front-end and scalable code
- Collaborate with and guide fellow engineers in feature development and technical improvements
- Be the key tech contact throughout a project’s lifecycle, providing reliable feedback to stakeholders, design, project management, and QA analysts to keep projects focused and of high quality
- Minimum 6 years of professional web software engineering experience with experience on both client and server-side
- Experience developing in the Angular framework or similar (React, Vue.js, etc.)
- Experience developing in Java or another server-side object-oriented programming language
- Experience developing rich, reactive user interfaces for the web
- Thorough understanding of cross-browser support and debugging, beyond polyfills and third-party libraries
- Deep knowledge of web development best practices around performance, security, and code maintainability
- Comfort and experience working within MVC architecture
- Experience writing comprehensive unit tests
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with the Spring framework in Java or similar
- Experience developing applications to scale for a global user base
- Familiarity with key components of web server architecture (Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Experience working with moderate to large teams effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.