Call of Duty World League (CWL) is the official global esports league of the Call of Duty franchise. Teams from around the world compete online in the CWL National Circuit and at Global Open tournaments and in global arenas in the CWL Pro League for prizes and their chance to battle at the annual Call of Duty World League Championship. Poised for a great 2019, the league is ready to bring thrilling excitement to fans around the globe!
We’re seeking a star marketer to join Call of Duty World League as a key leader in the organization. As the Director, Brand Marketing you will help shape the league by shaping brand strategy, directing marketing & communications strategy, consumer research and driving the overall brand marketing positioning. You will help define and lead the league’s product strategy & business model, competitive strategy, CRM, media mix, ticket sales, and content distribution strategies. You will work closely with other key leaders across Activision Blizzard to build industry-leading go-to-market strategies.
- Drive brand identity development, marketing positioning and strategy
- Manage holistic relationships with game development, league operations, digital product strategy, creative and other key functional partners
- Lead marketing campaigns supporting each league's season, inclusive of a cross-functional integrated marketing strategy
- Develop playbook for all franchises to leverage in each of their marketing strategies
- Lead the market research team to mine key consumer and competitive insights that will guide and inform and improve our marketing performance
- Develop and innovate business models that maximize the commercial success of Call of Duty World League
- Manage media strategy and direct our media and marketing partners in the execution, evaluation, and optimization of those strategies against target objectives
- Lead the global brand team in the marketing plan development process and provide leadership to the marketing teams around the world in the customization and local execution of these plans
- Manage resource requirements (expenditure, human resource planning, etc.) necessary to deliver the marketing objectives
- Provide regular reports relating on the progress of the marketing group towards meeting the commercial and financial goals established for the company
- Coach, mentor and raise the team's ability to deliver-- and exceed-- expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years’ experience in consumer marketing / brand management for sports, video gaming, entertainment, consumer products, advertising, or related industries
- 4+ years leadership and team management experience
- A passion for marketing, brand strategy and the integrated marketing process
- Strong brand strategy & digital marketing skills
- Experiential and/or event marketing experience
- Track record of performance excellence, exceeding targets and objectives
- Proven solid leadership skills and experience leading successful marketing teams
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
- Demonstrated ability to function well in a matrixed organization
- Outstanding communications, presentation, and influencing skills
- Solid experience in the use of market research and its applicability in developing brand / product strategies
- Embodies a strong entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to address challenges and opportunities from fresh perspectives
- Demonstrates the outstanding problem-solving capabilities necessary to resolve issues that face a growing enterprise
- Ability to balance a drive for results with company values and a focus on people-first
- Must be a self-starter and have ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks
- Travel required
- Knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise
- Knowledge of esports programs and events
- Lifestyle & entertainment marketing experience
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.