We are looking for a true user-centered user experience (UX) designer. If you think you’re a typical user, use the phrase “desk research”, or expect to be the agency hero, then this role is not for you. However if you are oozing with curiosity and have some form of empathy, then we want to chat. If selected, you will be creating and supporting solutions for Blizzard.com, Battle.net, and our Battle.net desktop app, which includes everything from social to e-commerce, to account sign-up and management, to supporting our games.Responsibilities
- Understand what our users are doing and why – Analytics, competitive analysis, interviews, A / B testing, and research support.
- Define problems and opportunities – Combine analysis of our user with business needs to form stories and plan solutions.
- Create and show solutions – Strategy, wireframes, flowcharts, prototypes, feature matrices, designs, and bears (oh my!).
- Iterate based on “validated learning” – More flowcharts, wires, and designs – often in collaboration with the research team.
- Deliver and follow through – Launch ideas (e.g. final wires, detailed flows, error states, etc.) and assist in post launch analysis with our analytics and research team.
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer
- Knows the difference between a project goal and a requirement
- A minimum of 8 years' as UX designer, information architect, interaction designer, product designer, researcher or similar
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing other designers
- Experience and examples creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and / or mobile applications
- Examples of high-level strategy and product visions
- Examples of highly detailed wireframes and designs
- Examples of easily digestible story-based solutions
- Examples of both quantitative and qualitative based decision making
- Can prototype your ideas – whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and / or Axure
- Laid back, but can unleash the fire in your belly to get things done
- URL or PDF of your portfolio
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
**Only submittals with both will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.