Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled and passionate Senior Animator to bring the heroes, monsters and worlds of Diablo IV to life or back from the afterlife depending…
Your exceptional understanding of traditional and 3D animation techniques, technical problem-solving abilities and gamer sensibilities will all be essential as you work with artists, designers and programmers to create truly phenomenal game play experiences.
- Develop, maintain, and create animations for real time game assets.
- Assist designers and engineers with gameplay and combat prototypes
- Work with lead animator to ensure timely completion of character assets at the desired quality bar
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience animating real time game characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Exceptional skill animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms
- Proven problem-solving ability in a modern content pipeline
- Ability to successfully collaborate with character artists, riggers, designers, VFX artists and programmers
- Self-motivated, humble, excellent communication skills, and a legendary team-player attitude
- AAA PC or console experience as a 3D animator
- Strong traditional 2D animation skills
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – illustration, modeling, rigging or technical art
- Passion for all things Diablo
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Demo reel and/or portfolio demonstrating relevant animation skills
- An animation test may be required
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.