The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment quality assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
Imagine a world that is under a constant threat of dark, destructive forces; evil powers that cause Diablo to crash just as players are about to reach level 70, trigger the Zeppelin to drop characters off in the middle of the ocean, and prevent Raynor from being able to attack the Dominion. There is terror in the air. Players all around the world are paralyzed; filled with despair as they stare at their screens in shock. This is where you come in: a hero who will embark on a series of quests to uncover bugs, find defects, and right what is wrong to bring peace to players across the globe.
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a test analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences in the arena.Responsibilities
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test-related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments
- Research, recommend and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities
- An advocate of the user experience through the delivery of qualitative reporting
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Passion for games and software quality
- White box testing experience
- ISTQB Certified Tester Advanced Level (CTAL) or equivalent
- High-level of gaming knowledge and/or skill
- Passion for Blizzard’s line of products and services
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.