We pride ourselves in forging amazing worlds and experiences for our players to dive into here at Blizzard. To accomplish these epic goals, we need smart, passionate, and creative people with kickass talents. We are looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior FX artist to join our team on an unannounced project. The ideal candidate has extensive experience working with 3D packages and real-time FX systems, and will help drive and develop the project’s art style. You'll need to create a wide range of VFX, including explosions and ability, weapon, weather, and energy effects. A strong understanding of the communication between action and visual impact is required. You will be expected to have a highly developed technical skillset to assist in expanding the VFX tools pipeline.
We value a tightknit team that celebrates artistic passion and pushing the creative bounds. If you have the desire to push your talents to help us create the next awesome Blizzard experience, then join us!
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in creating real-time VFX for games
- Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a senior VFX artist
- Solid knowledge of rendering engines and experience designing VFX shaders
- Thorough understanding of the interplay between VFX / PostFX integration and performance
- Game play oriented with a design focused mindset
- Able to paint VFX textures from scratch and match an established style
- Able to help set and maintain project-wide style consistency
- Capable of mentoring junior artists
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished effect
- A passion for video games
- Previous experience working on a first-person or other action-oriented game
- Leadership experience
- Experience developing a new VFX tools pipeline
- Working knowledge of software packages such as Houdini, Fume FX, etc.
- Scripting experience in Lua, Python, etc
- 2D or 3D animation experience
Required Application Materials
- Resume and cover letter
- Portfolio or demo reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills and the ability to use light, shadow, and color to create a variety of tones and moods
- An art test may be required if the work presented doesn’t adequately demonstrate an ability to match our desired style for the game
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.