Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an experienced cloud engineer to support Blizzard Entertainment’s global infrastructure. Our team’s mission statement: Innovating and delivering global technology solutions to power the most epic entertainment experience... Ever.
Cloud Engineers are part of the global network operations team responsible for supporting ALL of Blizzard’s customer-facing IT systems and services. Such services include Battle.net, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm. In addition to managing these IT platforms, the Blizzard online network systems (BONS) team also works closely with our game development teams throughout a product’s lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for testing, designing, and deploying new technologies that Blizzard uses. Our team operates with a high degree of autonomy, and is given the flexibility and responsibility to pick the solution that is the best fit for the problem. You will work with a team of peers with extensive experience on large scale, global infrastructures, and you will have all the resources at your fingertips to ensure that any new systems we design will stand up to the extreme demands of the gaming industry.
- Drive Blizzard's ongoing adoption of IaaS. Your expertise will shape the design, implementation, and orchestration of public and private cloud infrastructure in support of some of the world's most popular games
- Scale and optimize systems, hardware, and software. You will also be able tune OpenStack components for maximum performance
- Carefully consider the security implications of proposed solutions and work with Security team to develop good policy and sound practices
- Conduct research, build proofs-of-concept, and participate in the community to remain engaged in the rapidly evolving world of cloud computing
- Continuous improvement. Not only do we design solutions, but we also constantly iterate and improve on them
- Actively engage to incident, troubleshooting with a methodical approach capable to drive resolution with efficiency
- Program and script decent code, debug in a variety of languages, and tweak existing software to your specific needs
- Integrate solutions that behave with other components, such as networking, storage, SAN, and database
- Mentor, coach and provide guidance to a team of eager administrators who help you deploy and maintain the infrastructure
- Document all designed or implemented solutions so that everyone is aware of how and why things work
A STRONG CANDIDATE WILL HAVE MANY (IF NOT ALL) OF THESE SKILLS:
- A mastery of Linux. This means: you know why things work on a Linux system, not just how to configure them
- Well versed or acutely aware of things like Configuration Management, OpenStack, IaaS, Hadoop, Converged Networking, Virtualization, and anything else that is currently trending in IT
- Experience developing enterprise application architectures to meet business requirements in complex environments
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale systems integration involving private, hybrid, and public cloud platforms
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation
- Experience with public and private cloud, including OpenStack and AWS
- Experience with configuring: OpenStack Ceilometer, Cinder, Glance, Heat, Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Swift
- Experience with virtualization, including: KVM, Xen, and VMWare
- Experience with RabbitMQ / AMQP, Puppet, LDAP, NFS, and RHCS
- Experience administering CentOS or Ubuntu
- Able to write software in Python or some other administrative language
- Able to read and perform debugging of C / C++ / Java programs. Being able to write programs in these languages is even better!
- Experience supporting or maintaining MySQL, MongoDB, and Couchbase
- Ability to build and communicate convincing business cases, train users in complex topics, present to an internal audience, and interact with all levels of management
- Fluent English language
- A passion for making Blizzard games the best in the world!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.