Blizzard Entertainment games don’t just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. A lot more goes into the creation of a Blizzard product than the work of developers—and we support our games for years after they’re in the hands of gamers worldwide.
We are seeking a seasoned public relations manager that is well-versed in modern communication techniques to help lead our global communications efforts. You will be responsible for developer interaction, messaging development, partnering with regional teams, crisis communications, trend pitching, and comms planning. This role supports a specific franchise/multiple franchises and acts as the primary point of contact for both external and internal partners. The Global PR team is a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment, the individual in this role will be expected to roll up their sleeves and adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives.
- Develop global PR strategy for Blizzard franchise(s) and serve as the primary point of contact for both internal and external partners.
- Correspond and partner with regional PR teams to support effective global operations
- Develop public relations (PR) strategies and manage the execution of product publicity through pre-launch, launch, and post-launch phases of major content pushes
- Secure and provide counsel to leadership for various press opportunities
- Compose accurate, well-written press materials, about Blizzard products and the company on deadline
- Correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard, as needed
- Arrange and manage Blizzard’s participation in events, press tours and interviews
- Interface with Blizzard’s developers to gather data and craft messaging for strategy and writing assignments
- Answer written interview questions about Blizzard’s products for press
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries
- Coordinate PR efforts between different departments within Blizzard Entertainment
- Additional travel, writing projects, and other duties as assigned
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- Take on other responsibilities as assigned
- A minimum of 5 years of PR experience, preferably on a live and/or mobile game
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business-oriented texts that meet company standards on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with developers and transforming complex concepts into accessible consumer messages
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of video games and the video game industry
- Extremely detail-oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product-PR strategy
- Able to work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- A passionate video gamer
- Very organized with excellent time-management skills
- Crisis-management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work
- Experience in managing a team of PR professionals
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include: Why you are interested in working in PR at Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Other jobs in Public Relations
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.