Murlocks and naga and dragonkin, oh my! Elementals and mechs and demons! The critters, creatures, and characters that inhabit the World of Warcraft are a diverse lot. All that walking, running, flying, slithering, and swimming requires rigs ready for action.
We’re looking for a top-notch technical artist to join the World of Warcraft team as they craft new adventures for the denizens of Azeroth. You must have experience creating rigs for a diverse visual range of characters, creatures, and props. You must also be skilled in creating tools using MEL or MaxScript and be well-versed in art content pipelines.
You’re collaborative and understand how to work closely with character artists and animators to create memorable characters and great performances. The ideal technical artist is at their best in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
- A minimum of 3 years’ technical artist, technical animation, or character TD experience in game development or CG animation production
- Rigging experience and well-versed in the process of character creation and animation techniques
- Advanced Maya and 3ds Max knowledge
- Experience with tools creation to facilitate artistic production
- Scripting experience including MEL and Maxscript
- Able to communicate effectively with animators and character artists
- A desire to improve art content pipelines and help others create awesome art
- Strong technical background
- Detail oriented and efficient
- Previously shipped one or more AAA PC or console titles as a technical artist or technical animator
- Strong foundation in arts, including animation and kinetics
- Understanding of the visual style of World of Warcraft and a passion to push it to the next level
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Demo reel and / or portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic and technical skills
- Only online submissions (website, blog, online album, etc.) will be accepted
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.